If you have a specific question, feel free to click to the appropriate section below:
- What information is collected?
- How does our Website interact with third party services and content?
- What information do we share with third parties?
- What choices do you have over how your information is used?
- Storing of Information Related to Email, Live Chat, and Feedback Forms
- Does our Website respond to do-not-track signals?
- What if I access the Website or your Services from my mobile phone, tablet or laptop?
- How do we secure your information?
- What age do I have to be to use the Services?
- What governing law applies?
- What if I am in the European Economic Area?
- Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
- Consent and Age Restrictions
- Users in the European Union
- Who should I contact with questions or concerns?
1. What information is collected?
PronVPN respects your privacy, therefore we are committed to not process any data related to the online activity of our users. PronVPN is based in the Belize, which does not require data storage or reporting. We do not collect IP addresses, browsing history, session information, used bandwidth, connection time stamps, network traffic and other similar data.
To fully use PronVPN Services, you will need to create a user account. We collect the following information provided upon signup:
• User's e-mail address and encrypted password. PronVPN uses your email address for the following reasons:
- To send emails related to payment transactions.
- To provide links to our Site, including password reset emails.
- To send you updates and announcements.
- To communicate with you about your VPN services or respond to your communications.
- To send marketing information, such as PronVPN offers, surveys, invitations, and content about other matters in connection with PronVPN (“Marketing emails”). You may choose to not receive Marketing emails by following the opt-out procedure described in these emails.
• (User-controlled option): Anonymous VPN connection diagnostics and crash reports.VPN connection diagnostics are anonymized and cannot be tied back to individual PronVPN users. This feature is similar to a “send bug report” option. Users can specify in the settings menu of any PronVPN App whether to send these data to us.
With your permission, we collect anonymized analytics data used for network diagnostics. We use these data in our network operations tools to help optimize network speeds and to let us identify problems related to specific apps, VPN servers, or ISPs. The information we receive is fully anonymized and cannot be tied back to individual PronVPN users (i.e., we do not store which user sent which data, and we do not store IP addresses).
If you opt in to share this information with PronVPN, we will collect the following information:
- Diagnostic information about if and how a VPN connection attempt failed.
- Speed test data.
- Crash reports, also without any personally identifiable information.
Information we collect on our Website and apps
The information we collect on our Website may include anonymous “traffic data” provided by the host or similar provider of such information (e. g. Google Analytics) that does not personally identify you but may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the Services we offer. Analytics is the process of collecting, analyzing, and reporting aggregate data. This information may include which pages visitors visit and how long visitors may stay on a particular page. It may also provide information about what browser, network, or device is used to visit our Website. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
In addition, when you visit our Website, we may also retain your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. This helps us diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Website, or to display the content according to your preferences.
Cookies and web beacons
A cookie is a small string of information that transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the Website and that information helps websites to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. You can turn off all cookies in the event you prefer not to receive them. You can also have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the Website and you may lose access to some of its features.
A web beacon is an invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a web page, web-based document or e-mail message. It helps us do things like view the URL of the page on which the beacon appears and the time the Website, document or email in question is viewed. They can be used to confirm the receipt of, and response to, our emails, including those that you forward to friends and family; and they help deliver a more personalized online experience.
2. How does our Website interact with third party services and content?
We use third-party service providers to help handle parts of our business. These parties will only use the minimum amount of your data as specified above in Clause 1 for the purpose of carrying out the work as agreed with us. Such service providers are:
- Marketing service providers – we use them to manage our contacts and automate our marketing.
- Third-party payment processors – they help us to process payments.
- Storage ad infrastructure providers and Ads service providers – they help us to deliver targeted advertising to the Website visitors.
- Security service providers – we work with them to provide improved security and performance.
Some links may take you outside of our Website and are beyond our control. Please note that these other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. We urge you to review the equivalent data protection, privacy, and cookie policies available on their websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the data protection of privacy practices of third parties in relation to such websites and your use of third party websites is entirely at your own responsibility.
3. What information do we share with third parties
As you probably already understood we do not have much information to share. Even so, we do not disclose your information to others, unless we are ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction to do so. We do not sell or trade your data with anyone.
4. What choices do you have over how your information is used?
- Email – Those who wish to opt-out from receiving emails will have their address removed within 1-10 days of receipt of their request to opt-out or to unsubscribe at [email protected] or by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any correspondence. If you have multiple email addresses, you will need to opt-out for each address in order to be removed from our active database.
- Cookies and web beacons – Your browser may offer the ability to block or delete cookies from your device. Please follow your individual browser’s instructions on how to block and clear cookies.
5. Storing of Information Related to Email, Live Chat, and Feedback Forms
PronVPN keeps records of any correspondence, questions, complaints, or compliments you submit to us through our Site or Services, along with our response. Depending on how you contact PronVPN, we may collect your email address and any additional information you provide to us. Having full correspondence records enables our staff to provide the best possible customer support experience.
We use two different third-party platforms for support correspondence: Zendesk for emails and support tickets, and SnapEngage for live chat. When you correspond with us using these platforms, your correspondence records, including your name and email address, are stored in their systems. Both platforms utilize modern security practices and HTTPS encryption.
6. Does our Website respond to do-not-track signals?
7. What if I access the Website or your Services from my mobile phone, tablet or laptop?
If you are a visitor of our Website, but not a user of our Services, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as specified above in Clause 1 notwithstanding the device or application you use. If you are a user of our Services and access our website using one or more of our applications notwithstanding the device, application, or browser extensions, we collect and use information in the same way and for the same purposes as specified above in Clause 1.
8. How do we secure your information?
We have implemented various security measures, including SSL/TLS encryption for data transfers, hashed passwords, firewalls, and regular audits. We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely.
While we implement security measures on our Website and through our Services, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible. Whenever you give out your information online there is a risk that a third party may intercept and use that information. While we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using the Services, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we cannot guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through the Services and that any general information, other data or information received from you through the Website or our Services is provided at your own responsibility.
9. What age do I have to be to use the Services?
PronVPN is not intended for users under the age of 18. Such users are expressly prohibited from submitting any of their information to us, and from using portions of the Website for which registration is required. If any information is submitted by such users, it will not be collected or retained.
10. What governing law applies?
11. What if I am in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)?
You may be aware that a new European Union law called the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we have implemented additional transparency to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, individuals have the rights described below:
- If you are based in the EEA, you can access your personal information or receive a copy of it by contacting us.
- If you are based in the EEA, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information where it is technically possible.
- Similarly, if you are based in the EEA, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement and file a complaint regarding our collection and use of your personal information. If you wish to implement any of the above-mentioned rights, please contact us at [email protected] We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We keep information about you as specified in Clause 1 only as required by law or as long as necessary for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as fulfilling an order, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. PronVPN stores the information specified in Clause 1 for the whole period when the PronVPN Services are used and for no longer than 2 years after that.
Your information as specified in Clause 1 may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. When you use our Services, you acknowledge and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where you reside. If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, please note that we use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to transfer your personal information from the EEA or Switzerland to other countries.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information (EEA Visitors Only)
If you are a user located in the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate business interests.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use information specified in Clause 1, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
12.Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
PronVPN’s core mission is to keep your information private. In service of this mission, PronVPN’s headquarters and registered place of business is in the Belize, which has stricter laws concerning information disclosure than most countries.
The Belize has no data retention laws, and any legal order requiring a Belize company to disclose customer records must come from the Belize Supreme Court. Under Belize law, information requests from foreign courts or law enforcement are subject to a “dual criminality” provision, meaning that the request is upheld by the Belize Supreme Court only if the same crime is punishable by at least a one-year prison sentence under Belize law, had it taken place in the Belize. Should we receive a valid legal order from the Belize Supreme Court, it is important to note that PronVPN does not collect any IP addresses, browsing history, traffic data, or DNS queries that could be used to identify any specific user.
13.Consent and Age Restrictions
The Services are intended for adults aged 18 and above. If you believe your child has provided information to us, please let us know immediately.
14.Users in the European Union
PronVPN is committed to user privacy globally, and our existing practices reflect that through minimal collection of data and ensuring users have control over their personal information. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union (EU) requires us to outline those practices in a specific manner for users in the EU.
For the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations to users, including:
- Providing users with the Services and Apps they have requested.
- Managing user subscriptions and processing payments.
- Providing customer support.
For a legitimate interest associated with the operation of our business, including:
- Enhancing the quality, reliability, and effectiveness of our Site, Services, and Apps.
- Communicating with customers to provide information and seek feedback related to our Services and Apps.
- With the consent of users, which users can withdraw at any time.
You can exercise your rights under the GDPR to access, transfer, correct, delete, or object to the processing of your personal information by contacting us at [email protected]